ADA Legacy Tour Millersville University a short video by Kelli Buckwatyer, Millersville student.
The ADA Legacy Tour is scheduled to stop in Millersville, PA September 17 - 18, 2014. Hosted by Millersville University of Pennsylvania, the stop will feature the following events:
- 10:30am - 11:15am: Meet with DEC staff (Stayer 402)
- 12pm - 2pm: Photo op with Provost and students (front of Lyle Hall)
- 4pm: Presentation of the inclusive Post-Secondary grant check to the University President and Provost (Ford Atrium, McComsey Hall)
- 4:30pm: Picnic hosted by the Disability Student Union (McComsey lawn)
- 6:30pm: Screening and discussion of the film"Fixed" (Myers Auditorium)
- 8:30am: Songs of the Movement, by Anomie Fatale
- 8:45am: Personal monologue - My Experience (Student Center: Multi-Purpose Room (MPR))
- 9:00am - 9:30am: History of Disability in Pennsylvania - Gina Baum, ARC of Lancaster (MPR)
- 9:45am - 10:45am: Slide show on the history of the ADA and the disability rights movement - Tom Olin (MPR)
- 11:15am: More music from Anomie Fatale (MPR)
- 12:00pm: Lunch (MPR)
- 1:00pm: Personal monologue - My Experience (MPR)
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm: ADA generation offers visions of the future founded on the present (MPR)
- 2:30pm: Movement songs by Anomie Fatale (MPR)
- 2:45pm - 4:00pm: Signs for the Time! Robin Stephens and a group of supporting advocates will work with participants as they create protest signs, engage in local organizing, and deepen personal understanding. Also, the United Way of Lancaster will be present to listen to the voices of the local people. (MPR)
- 4:00pm: Photo opportunities with the ADA Bus (Behind the SMC)
- 4:45pm: Adjournment
Check here for more information on the agenda.
Watch this promotional video made by the students of Millersville University.
Enjoy photos from the event.
We will be posting other stories and photos!